First Of All Thanks For Landing This Article, If You Are Searching for How To Do Standing Dumbbell One-Leg Calf Raise Properly Then We Must Say You Are In The Right Place. So, Without Getting Into The Query Less Directly Jump On The Standing Dumbbell One-Leg Calf Raise
- Force: Push
- Synergists: Soleus
- Target muscle: Gastrocnemius
- Mechanics: Isolation
How To Do Standing Dumbbell One-Leg Calf Raise?
- Hold a dumbbell by your side, in your left hand.
- With your left foot, stand on a platform, with the arch and heel of your foot suspending off.
- Grasp something with your right hand for stability.
- Exhale as you raise your heel by extending your ankle (plantar flexion).
- Hold for a count of three.
- Inhale as you slowly reverse the motion (dorsiflexion) and lower your heel until you feel a mild stretch in your calf.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Repeat with your right leg.
- Repeat for more repetitions.
- Keep the movement slow and under control.
- Do not lock out your knee.
- The point of holding for a count of one after lowering your heel is to dissipate all of the elastic energy that is stored in your Achilles tendon and thus prevents cheating.
- Use the standing dumbbell one-leg calf raise to fix contralateral size.
- Strength differences in your calve muscles.