First of all thanks for landing this article, if you are searching for How To Correctly Do Lying Cable Skull Crusher then we must say you are in the right place.
So without getting into the query less directly jump on the Lying Cable Skull Crusher.
- Force: Push
- Synergists: None
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Target muscle: Triceps Brachii
How To Do Lying Cable Skull Crusher?
- Lie on your back (supine) on the bench.
- Position a bench close to a low cable pulley, with the head of the bench nearest to the pulley.
- Grasp the bar with a shoulder-width pronated (overhand) grip.
- Press the bar upward until your arms are fully extended and hold the bar over your forehead so that your arms are slightly slanted backward.
- Exhale as you extend your elbows to raise the bar back to the starting position.
- Keeping your elbows in, inhale as you flex your elbows and lower the bar to your forehead.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Avoid going heavy with this exercise if it hurts your elbows.
- Use a wavy bar if the straight bar is hard on your wrists.
- Keeping your elbows in will prevent the involvement of your pectorals and anterior deltoids and keep the emphasis on your triceps brachii.
- Ensure that the cable is taut throughout the repetition.