First of all thanks for landing this article, if you are searching for How To Correctly Do Dumbbell Upright Row then we must say you are in the right place.
So without getting into the query less directly jump on the Dumbbell Upright Row.
- Force: Pull
- Synergists: Brachioradialis, Middle and Lower Trapezius, Anterior Deltoid, Supraspinatus, Brachialis, Biceps Brachii, Serratus Anterior, Infraspinatus.
- Important stabilizers (not highlighted): Upper trapezius, Levator Scapulae.
- Target muscle: Lateral Deltoid
- Mechanics: Compound
How To Do Dumbbell Upright Row?
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand and stand upright.
- Pronate your wrists so that your palms face your thighs.
- The dumbbells should be being held at either shoulder width or wider.
- Pull your shoulders back and stick out your chest.
- Exhale as you pull the dumbbells up the front of your body until they reach your lower or middle chest.
- Do not pull the dumbbells up any higher.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you lower.
- The dumbbells to the starting position.
- Repeat for more repetitions.