First of all thanks for landing this article, if you are searching for How To Do Cable Hip Extension Properly then we must say you are in the right place.
So without getting into the query less directly jump on the Cable Hip Extension
- Force: Push
- Synergists: Hamstrings ( Semitendinosus, Semimembranosus, Biceps Femoris)
- Target muscle: Gluteus Maximus
- Mechanics: Isolation
How To Do Cable Hip Extension?
- Clip a low cable to one ankle strap.
- Take a step back with your free leg so that the leg attached to the cable is left in front and the cable is pulled taut.
- Grasp the cable pulley for stability.
- Keeping your torso upright and your working leg straight.
- Exhale as you extend your hip and pull the cable back until your hip is fully extended.
- Hold for a count of three and squeeze your glute.
- Inhale as you return your leg to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise with your opposite leg.
- Repeat for more repetitions.
- Keep your body upright and your working leg straight.
- Do not swing/kick your leg back and forth.
- Keep the movement under control.
- You may find that by slightly externally rotating your working leg, you achieve better glute activation.
- Use the standing cable hip extension to isolate your glutes and hamstrings after your major compound exercises.
- The exercise is also great for warming up and finding the mind–glutes muscle connection before a lower-body or glute workout.