First Of All Thanks For Landing This Article, If You Are Searching for How To Do Arnold press Properly Then We Must Say You Are In The Right Place. So, Without Getting Into The Query Less Directly Jump On The Arnold press
- Force: Push
- Synergists: Lateral Deltoid, Supraspinatus, Triceps Brachii, Middle and Lower Trapezius, Serratus Anterior
- Target muscle: Anterior Deltoid
- Mechanics: Compound
How To Do Arnold press?
- Sit on a chair or bench, preferably one with back support, with a dumbbell in each knee.
- Kick the dumbbells up one at a time and position them in front of your shoulders.
- Your palms facing you and your elbows close to your body.
- Exhale as you press the dumbbells upward and rotate your wrists so that your palms face forward at the top of the movement.
- Inhale as you lower the dumbbells and rotate your palms so that they face you again at the bottom of the movement.
- Keep your back straight and body still.
- The Arnold press was invented by the Terminator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Once you get the hang of the Arnold press as described above, try the following: Allow your arms to move out as they ascend and then move back in at the top of the movement.
- This combines the movements of the lateral raise and shoulder press to produce a fluid motion that minimizes the amount of twisting you have to do with your wrists and keeps all of the movement in your shoulders.